Thursday, 17 January 2013

Hunger games competition.

I entered Zaths hunger games competition and I'm after sending in my entry for the reaping so I decide to look at the stats and I see what he gave me...
So here's what I'm gonna do I'm gonna post my entry here and see if you can guess what I got. (please comment what you thought too)
The first person to comment the right answer will be written into a short story I'm working on.


Hunger games competition. 
I woke up as usual in my driftwood shack. Brushing off the materials that had fallen off the roof last night because of the wind. It would need tar to fix it but i I didn't have tar all he had was the few pieces of driftwood I found on the beach or while spear fishing. I cursed my parents for kicking me out. Their house wasn't in much better shape but at least they had the materials to fix it. 
I added fix the roof to my to do list, put on my work close and went off to take a bath in the fresh water stream that ran into the sea about a mile away.
I grabbed a brown paper bag which contained the few remnants of my old life and took out a shirt and a black pair of shorts, not the fanciest clothes but they were mine. After getting back from the stream and spending half an hour try to hide the salt water stains out of my brown shoes I headed out to town. 
    The Reaping was today there'd be kids from ages 12 to 18 there scared out of their minds hoping they wouldn't get picked. I'd stopped worrying about getting picked years ago, there was worse things that could happen and if after 2 years where my name was in over twenty times ( I'd needed the tesserae to trade for spears and fish hooks) my name didn't come out well then 
I'd be more likely to be hit by lightning. 
    As I entered the town I noticed a dullness as if someone had taken the buildings that had once seemed bright and full of life and replaced with a grey dead replica even the smell of salty bread being baked was gone. 
I walked over to the registration smiling at my little brothers as they said good bye to my mother who scowled at me as I walked past. They'd need to prick my finger twice to draw blood because of my tough skin hardened by climbing over the rocky coast. I stood next to two boys I knew from school but hadn't seen in months ( I had quit school and went off to become a spear fisher, and had only gone into town to sell my catch ). They asked me how I was and I replied that I had been fine, then came the disheartening conversation about how many times everyone's names were in. Usually people in the district would be aching to volunteer but in recent years that had gone into decline with parents stopping children from such crazy dreams.  I asked them how my family were doing and they had said fine but my dad had been finding it hard to keep the bakery going.
       Then came the actual reaping, I ignored the girls but snapped out of my daydream about building a canoe and moving onto larger fish when I saw a crab fisher I knew called Death Rose walk onto the podium. She talked about the dress she was wearing and the the crowd went silent and my head swum as my name sounded out across the speakers. 
        I walked up to the stage and felt my legs about to fall underneath me. 
The speaker concluded the reaping and I was brought inside the looming town hall and into the room where I would say goodbye to my family. I wasn't expecting my parents to come, my father would be to afraid of what my mother would do to him, so I was surprised to find my little brother be led in and hug me as hard as his little arms could. Don't die he whispered as his eyes teared up. 
Then he was led away and I was truly alone. 

But anyway since I've been way behind I thought I'd give you the first part of the new story I'm working on.
How Eden met brave.
             He stared at the sword lovingly, it was part of his necromancer collection.
A collection of items he had taken from necromancers after he had killed them, 
that had been a dark part in his life. Bad things happening and no one to blame them on. Necromancers  were easy targets, he'd teleport behind them stab them in the back and demand they let him use their power before ending their pathetic lives. He'd notched up fifty kills in all, his collection was nearly complete, filled with fifty weapons such as knives and gloves mostly but he had some weird items such as an item that looked to be a horn with 'necromancer unicorns rule' etched into it and a guitar pick, he'd wonder how that one was used until he'd found the leather strap that came with it.    His attention went back to the sword, it was almost the same as how he had found it except for the hilt and the grid lock. The original black sabre blade was the same as how he had found it but of course he had had his initials engraved into it in gold, just like he had had done to hilt, black eccentuated in gold. It was when he was thinking about this when he saw him, the man he was waiting for, Stamping Bull. Not too bright as his name suggested, he was American and possessor of a very rare necromancer bull whip. A rare item for his perfect collection.         He had teleported behind Bull and was about to draw his sword when he felt the                  on his back. "Mr Threatening if you would please put down the sword you have taken from one of my fallen brothers," Eden grunted his disapproval. "Thank god!" Bull answered, his accent making him sound even more annoying " I thought you would never step in." " Now stamping if your done thanking me I will lead Mr Threatening here to the sanctuary".

9 comments:

  1. Brave, death.
    I know you know you're gonna be in the next story regardless but try in comment it makes me feel happy if I get a lot of comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay!!

      How did I miss this!? I'm crazy!!!

      Delete
    2. I've been waiting ages for someone to comment.
      I wanted to see if people would notice it was very disheartening

      Delete
    3. Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!! I've been doing more psychopathical things than usuall... Damn holidays!
      *Mock cries*
      Why oh why do I have to go back to school?! WHY!!??

      And your wish is my c

      Delete
    4. mand!

      Sorry, I got sick of having to do that security thing...
      *Makes angry face and curses security things*
      *Remebers parents work at Sercuity place*

      Hehe

      Delete
  2. Wha! No story yet... And I missed you today-ish...

    ReplyDelete